May 18, 2018
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18, commemorates the vital and ongoing work to develop a vaccine against HIV. This work advances because of the ingenuity, courage and commitment of trial participants, host communities, funders, scientists and advocates. AVAC salutes the collective trust and sustained dedication to end the epidemic.
2018 is marked by great advances in research and important opportunities for advocacy. In addition to a host of tools AVAC updates annually to keep you current on this front, The Rise of Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies by AVAC founder and former Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise executive director Bill Snow offers a comprehensive look at antibody mediated prevention and its connection to vaccine research.
In case you missed it, check out the recording and slides from the May 17 webinar featuring Dr. Sandhya Vasan’s discussion on the legacy of RV144 and vaccine advocate Mark Hubbard’s take on today’s agenda for HIV vaccine advocacy.
The complete set of AVAC’s HVAD resources includes:
- A special advocacy publication, The Story Is…, looking at three major efficacy trials in the context of funding, advocacy, stakeholder engagement and primary prevention
- A package of infographics on key issues
- HIV Vaccines: Introductory Fact Sheet
- A PowerPoint presentation: HIV Vaccine Basics
- A selection of key messages related to HIV vaccine advocacy