July 23, 2015
Several members of the AVAC team attended the meeting of the International AIDS Society in Vancouver which just completed. Along the way we presented our “take” on key conference events.
We invite you to learn more about:
- Injectable Options and Preventable Confusion: AVAC convened a satellite session which featured presentations on trials of long-acting injectable PrEP agents, gave an update on HIV vaccine research and reviewed the state of passive antibody infusions for prevention.
- How Would Bob Say It?: We remember Bob Munk, an AIDS activist, educator and mentor who passed away just before the conference began
- Traversing the AIDS Vaccine Terrain in Vancouver: An update from IAS
- Follow the Money: Based on Vancouver data, what are the questions prevention advocates should be asking about cash transfers now?
- High-Altitude PrEP: A birds-eye view of what all the talk actually means—and what we’re starting to learn about people and pills
- #bearsrepeating: Social media is alight with phrases and findings from Vancouver. What’s bubbling to the top—and why is it so familiar?
- Data on ART and PrEP: Where science provides solutions…and where questions remain
- Living Below Detection: Another case of HIV remission
- VMMC at IAS 2015: Cause for celebration and concern