On Wednesday, April 27, the CROI Community Liaison Subcommittee, AVAC, and European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) held a webinar to debrief this year’s Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Following a brief overview of some of the most notable science presented at CROI 2022, a panel of community discussants from around the world unpacked findings from the conference, shared perspectives, and offered advocacy suggestions. Topics will spanned science presented on HIV prevention and treatment, HIV and aging, HIV cure, and COVID-19 — among others.
The webinar discussants were:
- Harry Tembo, Zambia Community Advisory Platform, Zambia
- Katie Willingham, The Well Project, United States
- Richard Jefferys, Treatment Action Group, United States
- Shobha Shukla, Citizen News Service, India
- Simon Collins, i-Base and EATG, United Kingdom