Joyce methodically threaded her way through all relevant power centers to influence large-scale integration of SRH and HIV. First, she built a cadre of young women champions who contributed to her successful campaign to win Machakos county-level budget for SRH/HIV integration, and to win further national commitment from PEPFAR COP 21 and Global Fund 2021–2024. She sat on Kenya’s national HIV/SRH integration working group where they spearheaded the one-stop-shop piloting in five counties.
In the midst of Joyce’s Fellow project, the WHO green lighted the Dapivirine Vaginal Ring, so, naturally, Joyce co-convened a civil society taskforce to fast track its introduction. All the while, she penned two opinion pieces in Kenya’s national daily Star speaking of the continued need for a robust HIV prevention pipeline.
End of Project Summary Video
- The Denver Principles: 40 years on — UNAIDS
- Joyce speaking at Women Deliver 2023
- aidsmap Chat — nam/aidsmap
- HIV Prevention Ring: Kenya must prepare for this new tool while waiting on HIV vaccine — The Star
- AIDS War in COVID Pandemic — KTN News
- HIV: Light at the end of the tunnel — The Star
- Let’s Talk About the Dapivirine Vaginal Ring — Making Waves
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about the Fellows Program, or would like to reach out to a Fellow (current or alumni), e-mail us at email@example.com.