Bridget currently leads Acts101 Uganda, an organisation she founded after her Fellowship. Acts101 focuses on health and developmental programs for children, adolescents and youth. Her recent HIV/sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) work has involved targeted advocacy for accelerated engagement of adolescent girls and young women in HIV programs and research both national and globally. At the time of her project, she had over six years of experience in adolescent SRHR services delivery, psychosocial and behavioral support for children and youth and HIV/AIDS and key and priority population programming.
Bridget led a campaign for the acceleration of PrEP rollout for young women in Uganda. She successfully advocated for the integration of PrEP (and other HIV prevention) into the national education curriculum and the integration of HIV prevention into SRHR services as a PEPFAR priority. She also pressured the National AIDS Council to finally develop its PrEP communications plan. Bridget was instrumental in bringing PrEP and prevention information to young women at the Naguru Teenage Information Center.
In Their Own Words
Advocacy for comprehensive HIV prevention services for the young adolescents, ages 10-17, is still a hard area, especially coupled with the policy environment that doesn’t favor access to family planning services for adolescents.
- Advocacy to advance AGYW involvement and participation for ethical and equitable PrEP implementation and roll out in Uganda
- Policy Brief: Adolescent Girls and Young Women at Risk of HIV Need Access to PrEP
- PrEP fact sheet
- Fact Sheet: What You Need to Know about STDs and HIV/AIDS
- PrEP Advocacy Booklet
- Adolescent Health Specialists Want Increased PrEP Services — New Vision
- Daring to Dream: The women and girls on HIV’s new front line — The Telegraph
- Gov’t Asked to Involve Adolescents in PrEP Implementation — Uganda Radio Network
- PrEP— Radio Balil
- PrEP— Delta TV
- World AIDS Day 2020
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about the Fellows Program, or would like to reach out to a Fellow (current or alumni), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.