September 12, 2023
We are delighted to share the new and improved AVAC.org! On our new site, you can easily access all the great data, policy analysis, tools and resources that you’ve come to expect from AVAC, including our much-loved infographics, podcasts, Weekly NewsDigest and Pandemic Watch, webinars, research literacy materials and so much more!
The updated AVAC.org also reflects the expanded vision and practice of our dynamic programs. AVAC will always work to accelerate ethical development and equitable delivery of effective HIV prevention options. But, we also know that responding to HIV and preparing for future pandemics requires a comprehensive, integrated, and sustained response that is rights-based, people-centered and evidence-informed.
To AVAC, this means connecting the dots between HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health and rights, pandemic preparedness, strengthened health systems, research engagement and community leadership. It means recognizing that resilience in global health requires us to confront the threats posed by disparities in access, entrenched stigma, discrimination, criminalizing key populations and inadequate responses to other sexually transmitted infections.
Visit the new AVAC.org for resources, tools and analysis that make these connections as we continue to track and translate the field, including:
- Information on the entire pipeline of biomedical prevention strategies being investigated today
- Our projects, which showcase the incredible partnerships and collaboration that underpin everything we do
- Our podcast, PxPulse, which will deepen your knowledge and help you “check the pulse” of this fast-paced field and the urgent challenges still ahead
- PxWire our quarterly update on where we are in biomedical prevention research
- Our HIV clinical trials database, where you can find details on all biomedical prevention trials and our broader resource database containing fact sheets, infographics, blog posts and more on HIV prevention and the broader issues surrounding global health equity
- Links to our newsletters—Pandemic Watch, Weekly NewsDigest, and our Advocates Network
We are immensely proud to share these resources with you. We hope these tools and analyses will help to power your advocacy, accelerate ethical development and equitable delivery of effective HIV prevention options, and advance global health equity.